If you are an organist, or know an organist who would enjoy a unique gift, we have the very thing for you.
The Organ Experience offers a rare chance to learn about the historic organ in St Mary’s Cathedral in Glasgow, and offers you the chance to actually play one of the most thrilling and unique organs in Scotland, both in its current condition, and after it has been rebuilt.
For a donation of £300 the complete 4 hour experience consists of 2 hours before the restoration commences, and a further 2 hours after the restoration is complete, and includes:
- Before the restoration:
- A demonstration of the current organ by one of the Cathedral’s organists
- A chance to see inside the workings and pipes of the current organ
- Playing time on the current organ
- An opportunity to record yourself on the current organ
- A copy of the booklet “The History of the Organs in St Mary’s Cathedral”
- A signed copy of the CD “On a Lighter Note” recorded by the Cathedral’s Director of Music
- After the restoration:
- A demonstration of the NEW organ by one of the Cathedral’s organists
- A chance to see inside the workings and pipes of the NEW organ
- Playing time on the NEW organ
- An opportunity to record yourself on the NEW organ
- A souvenir presentation certificate
To make a donation and to book The Organ Experience please click here to download, print and complete the application form.