St Mary’s Cathedral is mother church to the united Diocese of Glasgow and Galloway in the Scottish Episcopal Church, which is in full membership of the world-wide Anglican Communion.
In keeping with a liberal theology, St Mary’s strives to provide:
- A ministry which is affirming, inclusive, open and non-judgemental.
- Liturgical worship of a high standard.
- Engagement in social concerns.
- A commitment to links with other churches and faith communities.
- A focal point for artistic energy and vision.
- A place of spiritual calm and inspiration as well as spiritual excitement and challenge.
We hope that everyone who visits finds St Mary’s a place of openness, warmth and help.
The Cathedral is located at 300 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9JB, Scotland, United Kingdom. (It’s circled in this navigable online map.)
The Cathedral is open to visitors at service times (see the sidebar), and from May to the end of September it is open daily from 10.00 to 12.30. It may be possible to arrange visits at other times, if prior notice is given and someone is available to let visitors in. Please contact the office. Office hours are: 10.00 to 14.00 on weekdays.